1. What is coco peat?
- Coconut peat is a by-product created when crushing coconut shells to get coconut fiber. It is the porous part between coir fibers.
- Photos of coco peat:
2. Properties of coco peat:
- Untreated coconut peat is acrid. For use in cultivation, it must be de-acidified
- Styrofoam, spin and absorb water, keep water well
- Coconut peat is quite chemically inert and lasts a few months
3. Application in agriculture:
Based on the basic properties of coco peat, we can apply coco peat in the following jobs:
- Loose peat keeps moisture well and is quite clean and inert so coco peat is used to make nursery pots very well
+ Due to loose fibers, it is recommended to stimulate the development of the seedlings' roots, avoiding clogging of the roots
+ Keeping good moisture so even the small size of potting holes can prevent dehydration, especially at noon, to prevent seedlings from dying of water shortage.
+ Because coco peat is quite clean, it can limit the germs that attack seedlings during the nursery stage
+ Due to the inertness and high uniformity, we can easily adjust the properties of the substrate when planting trees on it.
+ Due to moderate strength, if you use coco peat as a growing medium, after 1 growing cycle, you can bring it to compost to make fertilizer, which saves a lot of costs.
Important note: When using coconut mulch as a nursery, it must be treated and removed otherwise the tree will not grow.
4. How to discharge coconut humus:
There are many ways to handle acrid coconut but basically the following is the simplest and convenient in small quantities:
Materials include: Coconut mulch, lime powder and clean water.
- Put coconut mulch into clean water to soak with the amount of water to be flooded with coconut mulch, the more water, the quick and thorough flushing but consume water.
- After soaking for 2-3 days, then flush the water and replace the new water for 2-3 more days, then continue to flush the water.
- Mix lime water with lime equal to 5% of dry weight of coconut mulch, then soak for 5-7 days
- After soaking in lime water, rinse the water completely and put clean water into the rinse 1 to 2 times. When you see clear or yellowish water like diluted tea, you can use it
- Drain and start using
5. Use coco peat to nursery seedlings.
- This is the most wonderful use of coco peat. Coco peat helps seedlings grow uniformly and also easy care
- Usually clean coco peat, there is almost nothing to nourish the seedlings, so when using coconut humus as a nursery nursery, we must conduct additional fertilizers. How to supplement based on each person's experience to achieve the best quality. Each seedling requires a different nutrient content and salinity. Based on the growth and color of the seedlings, we have the appropriate adjustments
- However, there are the following 2 ways that can be applied to results that are acceptable to most seedlings
+ Using coco peat , sowing seeds, water with hydroponic solution. Concentration is about 1200 ppm
+ Use coconut mulch mixed with about 30% of vermicompost or manure compost to make a nursery. When sowing just watering. But pay attention not to water too much because it will wash away the fertilizer. For long-term sowing plants such as tomatoes, peppers, cabbage ... after a while, you should look at the color of the leaves to add more fertilizer, you can mix soluble NPK fertilizer (Israeli Haifa fertilizer is quite good ) for additional irrigation, to avoid the lack of seedlings.
6. Use coconut mulch as a growing medium for hydroponic vegetables.
- Coconut mulch after burning can be used as a growing medium for vegetables, hydroponic melon. Depending on the preferences of each person, you can grow hydroponic completely or add organic fertilizer to make the flavor of vegetables and fruits more rich.
- The types of organic fertilizer commonly used are: vermi-compost (worm-manure), decomposed animal manure, Dynamic-rich chicken manure ...
- When mixing more manure, pay attention to moderate amount to avoid mixing too much, the substrate becomes too salty and the plants cannot grow.
7. Using coconut mulch waste after hydroponic cultivation to make fertilizer.
- Coconut humus after growing hydroponic waste can be reused by incubation with trichoderma or EM mushrooms. After a few months, it is possible to produce a compost product, which is relatively high and porous, used to fertilize soil-growing crops to improve soil.
8. Using coconut mulch as a biological cushion.
- Dry coconut mulch can be used to line chicken coop , duck or as a biological cushion for raising pigs, cows, goats ... instead of rice husk very well due to better absorption of moisture than rice husk.
And there are many other uses of coconut mulch depending on the creativity of the user.
Coco peatUpdate: 9/16/2019
Use coco peat
This is an ideal substitute for wood bark in flowerpots and flowerbed decorations. Help improve water holding capacity, micro-organism activity, promotes optimum soil temperature, helps, and ideal soil aeration.
Product Type: Washed
Form: Block Size: Large Crush 01 -18mm, Medium Crush 01- 12mm, Crush 01-07mm, Extra Large 20-30mm
Weight: 4.5KG, 5KG
Grade S 12-18mm, SS 08-12mm, SSS 04 - 08mm, SSSS 03-06mm
Size: 10 mm EC: > 1.00 mS/cm
PH: 6 to 75
Moisture: 15 % to 20%
Impurities: Less than 2%
Dust: Less than 2%
The effects of coconut oil and the proper use of coconut oil
Every year, when the weather starts to fall, women urge to buy virgin coconut oil for skin care and hair care. These are also two very effective uses that many women favor. In addition to beauty, body care, coconut oil also has many other great uses that make women surprised. This article we would like to summarize the effects of coconut oil as well as how to use virgin coconut oil most effectively, please refer!
The effect of lemons and seedless lemon origin
According to research by the Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, 100 grams of lemon meat contains the following ingredients: 90% water, 0.8gr protein, 0.5gr fat, 8.2g carbohydrate, 0.6gr fiber, Ash 5.4gr, calcium 33mg, phosphor15mg, iron 0.5mg, sodium 3mg, potassium 137mg, vitamin A 12mg, thiamin (B1) 0.5mg, riboflavin (B2) 0.02mg, niacin 0.1mg and vitamin C 52mg.
Coconut shell charcoal and things to know
You know not every part of the coconut can be used, coconut water is used in refreshments, copra is used to prepare coconut oil or to make coconut jam, and coconut shell - what seems to be useless waste need to be turned into an extremely useful source of raw material in the production of coconut shell charcoal - a natural coal that has extremely good heat generation and does not contain toxic gas components to human health. people.
Drinking bitter melon water effect?
Make bitter melon: bitter melon bought on you cut into circles, washed and dried (can expose in the sun, can use the dryer if the weather is cloudy). Bitter melon, dried, you get into aromatic star in a large pan (or star on the corrugated star). When bitter melon turns yellow, turn off the heat, wait for it to cool, then store it in a sealed glass container for gradual use.